Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Lake Trip

Hello all-
 
Glad to see everyone's summer is going well.
 
Mike and I (with the help of my retired, "I'm running out of projects to do in my own house," Dad, finally finished painting the majority of the inside of our house.  It was going to cost a bundle for the builder to paint so we decided to do it ourselves, however there were times when I could hear Mike say he'd wished he'd paid the money!!  In the long run, it was fun to be working on our own house.
 
Two days after finishing, we packed up (what seemed like everything) and went camping/boating with friends. We had a blast.  Mike jet skied and I water skied (my favorite sport).  I had my first skiing accident in all the years I have been skiing.  The driver of the boat for some reason slowed way down and I was falling backwards due to the extra slack in the rope.  I was afraid of falling backwards and hitting my head on my skies.  Stupidly, I remained holding onto the rope and then it got caught between my legs as I was being dragged in the water.  I now have a beautiful rope burn slice and huge bruises between both legs!!  Good times!!  I was determined to forget about the pain and ski again and I did.  The next day I was not a happy camper, no pun intended. 
 
We are planning another small trip soon, maybe Las Vegas.  We have three weddings to go to in San Jose over the next couple of weeks and I will be setting up my new classroom next week. 
 
This summer has flown!!!!
 
Love,
Ashlee and Mike
 



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?