Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Ben's garage sale

All summer Ben has been talking about a business venture.  After many suggestions that I vetoed I finally decided that he could have a garage sale.  He tackled it with great enthusiasm, taking notes, drawing up a plan that included his advertising campaign.  He made flyers on the computer, put an add in the Bee, and to my complete surprise put it on the Internet.  (Just what I wanted, people from all over coming to our garage)  When I read the add in the paper and saw that it was titled BIG SALE, I panicked.  I could just imagine all these people showing up and being dissapointed since it was only toys for sale.  So I had to quickly storm through my closets and cupboards ( John contributed clothes)  to make the sale somewhat inviting as they drove by our place.  The big day finally came and it was an adventure for Ben.  He handled the cash and greeted his customers with a smile and asked them questions such as: " Is there something that you are looking for in particular?"  " Could you tell me how you heard about this sale."  I ironed in the background and chuckled at his adultlike behaviors. 

We met a neighbor that bought books from Ben for his children.  His name is something like Nozar Osha (???)  After finding out that his children went to Fatima we talked more about mutual friends.  After finding out that we were Scheuber's he said that he rides horses in a group of females with Alex.  I also met a new teacher from the new school here by us.  She bought books from Ben also.  She said that she is going to teach 4th grade. After she left I remembered that Ashlee has a friend that is going to teach there.  Probably wasn't her though. 

Ben considered his sale a success.  Maybe he and Lauren should get together.  Wasn't Lauren selling lemonade this summer?  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?