Sunday, September 19, 2004

Alley Opp

Thinking that you were right this day, I stand corrected . I confused two characters. but you have also misled my readers,by referring to my next character as Bud.. It was Earl Miller and his brother Marvin , or Melvin which ever is correct. I too have a memmory problem. Earl was a neighbor how lived where Ray Dean later lived. Earl was rather a large kid that had no mom  ma. He would come to school every day with no shoes, rain or shine.  In the cold of winter when the ice formed on the water pudlles. he would slide on the ice bare footed.
   Now earl was a jovial chap, and when He got into trouble ,and the teacher, [Mrs Barnes, who was all of five feet tall] would have him in front of the class , and have him bend over so she could spank him Well she would take a big swing with a slat out of a wooden chair Earl wood reach back and stop the swat and hand the slat back to her and laugh. so much for the punishment One time he got punished because the class had grown a garden of beautiful flowers. We all made baskets out of paper to bring the flowers home to our mother for Mothers day Earl got to school early and stopped all the flowers with his big feet.. He didn`t have a mom ma. His feet were quite large and tough. We nick named him "Allel Opp"
  Years later I was selling Ford trucks. The boss had just put a spiff On some big trucks that had been  in stock for over a year, They were Old milk trucks that had a lot of miles on them.  The boss doulbled tha commision and contest points. Well I am sitting in the show room,when a pink cadellac  convertable drives up. This gentleman gets out and walks in the door and I get up to wait on him. The first thing I thought ," where do I know this guy from? He was in desperate need of some shuttle trucks to take loads of peaches to the ice plant to cool the peaches before taking them to San Jose. I said I have exactly what you need. As I walked him back to the used truck lot, I remembered who he was, so I told him who I was  and that made the deal. He had a tee shirt on with a buldging pocket with hundred dollar bills rolled in a bundel.  He said how much? I told him, He paid me cash.   Earl became the proud owner of two worn out trucks. I was the Hero of the sales force, and my kids had lots of points to pick out baseball gloves,dolls, and other goodies from the prize cattolog.  Thank you Earl and God bless you were ever you are!       Uncle Bill
 
       



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?