Sunday, September 12, 2004

Enough.

Once…funny. Twice, I can’t remain silent.

I’m searching deep in my soul for the right words to communicate this message. A lesson from one of our elders of this great family applies right here, right now.

Be calm and use rationale thinking at time when emotions are enraged. Take a breath and think before speaking, get the facts and make the right decision.

As we all can plainly see the recent postings have taken a severe turn from positive and informative to a direct attack on one of our respected family members.

I don’t like it. But, just like the person that has started the attacks, my dislike is my opinion, I am entitled to it, and I honor it.

The difference is this…I sign my name.

This little bulletin board was created for the very reason of which we are all experiencing. Communication. Good, bad or indifferent, free speech reigns. This site has been a wonderful place to visit and catch up with our families near and far.

So, with some disappointment, here are the options I’m considering:

1. I can stop this website as quickly as I started it.
2. I can make up all kinds of rules and regulations and police everything that’s posted.
3. Or, I can trust that we all have the common courtesy and decency to communicate our message, and to respect what others write.

The site will continue with just one rule:

Sign your name. No name. No post. Get it?

Now, I expect that the proper apologies will be communicated with the proper identification attached.

Any questions?

Still your cousin Geoff

P.S. We had a great anniversary weekend in Palm Springs and back in Redondo Lauren scored her first goal of her soccer career in this year’s first game of the season. I’m so proud of her!!

PPS Great news on Taylor Michele...you go girl!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?