Monday, September 27, 2004

Memories erode through Age

Sorry to say it was not Chris Jorgensen's rooster that got me.  The rooster that jumped up on me and did the pecking was one of our very own in Mom's chicken yard.  Needless to say, that rooster never pecked another person because we had rooster for dinner the next day.  Actually it was a dog that bit me at Chris' place.
He was keeping a couple of dogs for some reason.  Not sure anymore (my memory goes once in a while also) whether he was having problems with theft or what but they were not his dogs.  Since the Modesto Bee was dropped off at Crowslanding Road in those days Dad would also pick up Chris' paper and I was delivering it to Chris.
 
I remember Chris' horses well.  Queen, Toppsie, and Babe (the white one) were three of them.  The one you forgot was Prince.  Tall in stature like Toppsie.  They were matched together as a team when only two horses were needed.  Queen was a little darker in color and not as tall.  Chris used to let me ride Babe once in a while.
 
"Oh, for the memories" (at least the ones we can remember)
 
LAS reporting from 1117 Petersburg Way
 
 



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?