Monday, October 11, 2004

It's Our Anniversary!!!

Jeff and I are celebrating our 18th anniversary and I thought I'd share a couple of memories that have passed through my mind today...
 
w My parents glowing as I married my "best friend" -- and he still is!!
 
w Grandpa Scheuber yodeling a song for us at the reception -- what a special treat!
 
w Uncle John's terrific candid photos, two of which even found their way into our professional album -- one of dad and I approaching the altar, with my clenched, white knuckles prominently in view; and the other of Jeff and I leaving the reception in a shower of birdseed.
 
w Cousins John, Tom and Mike Chiavetta getting in the "Dutch spirit" by wearing their pants inside out!
 
w Napkins flying high: four knots Scheubers, two knots Dykzeuls! 
 
w And a couple of trend-setting cousins with their ties wrapped around their napkin hats -- looked like our middle-eastern family connection!!
 
w "Tequilla!!!" -- our "unofficial" first dance.
 
w The Swiss flag flying high on the aunts and uncles table.
 
w Steve in the middle of a circle of dancers, leading everyone in the Chicken Dance.
 
w Heidi monitoring the guest book in a beautiful blue dress she bought especially for our wedding.
 
w Uncle Bill making his way through our receiving line introducing himself to everyone, "Bill Scheuber, Uncle of the Bride".
 
What wonderful memories we have of this most happy day!  I'm thankful so many of our family on both sides were able to share in our joy -- a joy that I know we will treasure for a lifetime.
 
Lori
 



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?