Sunday, November 14, 2004

Corny backwoods farm community

Geoff, I wish John was here to tell him about the Corny backwoods farm community. He will really take offense. Right now he and your dad are out golfing at Muni. LA times probably doesn't even know that we have 6 golf courses in our area. I remember reading about the 1912 contest in one of the Mchenry Museum magazines I get in the mail. The "Nobody's got Modesto's Goat" reminded me of the time Phillip Gallo and I ran for the school president and vice president offices for the Stunublican party against the Stanocrats at St. Stanislaus School. One of the signs that I made had the slogan "Don't be a goat, Get out and vote for Gallo and Olsen. Unfortunately the Stanocrats won.

Sorry your wireless alert didn't work. I was thinking of doing that myself. Before we went out to dinner on Friday night John reluctantly drove my friend Marianne and I out to the Peterson home where we got out and quietly dodging the tv crew members walked past Mike and Jana's to take a quick peek. Surely they were not happy with all the cars parked around their place. Marianne wanted to see the place she had heard so much about. Unbelievable that 6 tv station trucks were so interested in filming the flowers and balloon display on the front lawn. That area brings back many memories of my childhood: exploring down that path ( shown so many times on tv.) down to the creek to look for arrowheads. Two sets of my cousins grew up in La Loma a few blocks away from there. An old danish lady friend still lives there and she often spoke to Laci and Scott as they walked their dog.

Have you ever gone to scottisinnocent.com? That lady has a lot of followers. She has been on Court tv promoting her far-out theories. She definitely does not think that justice was served as we do.

Wonder how the golfers are doing? I asked John to get someone to take a picture of the two of them with their golf clubs. Bet he will forget.

Keep the Lightning striking!!! Makes for an exciting year for all of you.

oleomarge




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?