Sunday, July 24, 2005

Simply Incredible


I couldn't help being completely overwhelmed this morning while watching Lance Armstrong complete his 7th consecutive victory at the Tour De France. Each year our very own event, Relay for Life, falls on the eve of the Tour and during the Relay I often think about the commitment Lance gives to his calling. It puts in perspective just how small, yet how extremely important our contribution is each year to the American Cancer Society. It always takes a little extra effort to get to Modesto every year for just the 1 day event, but recognizing Lance's accomplishments kind of makes me feel selfish when I compare the two.

Next year, we go for our 6th consecutive victory! My hope is that we'll need two teams accomodate all us Scheubers.

See you there,

Geoff



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?