Thursday, November 03, 2005

Misc.

Sorry about the double Halloween entry-one minute apart.  Not sure how that happened--a double click???  Must tell a funny incident:  Checking the phone messages after golfing on Sunday, I heard the following: (hill billy accent) " Hey thar, heard that Sun Valley farms there may be hirin up some egg gatherers. Was givun this number to talk to a guy named John. I shore need a job.  Please call back at this here number."  (Guess this character didn't know that Sun Valley farms no longer exists.) Since John was putting away the clubs, I put it back in my mind to tell him later.  After listening to the other messages, the phone rang.  It was our friend Jack Mettler from Indiana.  He proceeded to tell me that my name was listed in the Huntington paper for unclaimed money.  Wow!  Was I surprised.  He told me the website to go to find out how to get the money. It was money from an old insurance policy that my dad had taken out in 1958.  He then mentioned that Steve & Shirrell,  (Steve having been John's former manager of the chicken ranches  in Huntington )was heading for California and would be looking for us.  Then the strange phone message came to light.  It was Steve !   Needless to say, they did find us and spent Tuesday with us before heading back to San Francisco on Friday.   They had been at a real estate convention.  Steve & his brothers have one of the most successful real esate companies in Huntington County. He's come a long way from the chicken farm.  It was so good to see them again. 
 
Tomorrow I'm heading out to the California State Library to do research. Then on to Rocklin where I will gladly spend a week with the grandgirls while  Heidi and Ted head for a vacation in New York to tour the Big Apple.  But first, we must celebrate Sidney's 5th birthday at a Bounceopolis Party on Saturday.  Do grandparents bounce well?  We'll see.
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIDNEY!!    GRANDMA MARGE
 
WAITING TO HEAR ABOUT THE SCHEUBER TRIPS---ERNIE & MARYJANE & LEO & MARGE    NEED SOME MORE  EXCITING  SCHEUBER NEWS   
 



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?