Monday, November 28, 2005

SACCG


What is SACCG? In honor of Uncle John's recent acronym stool party theme I
will try to explain what SACCG is. SACCG..................Scheuber Abstract
Comedy and Creativity Gene. All Scheubers are born with it, kind of like
"The Force" for all you Star Wars fans. Some non-Scheubers who marry into
the family actually acguire it by osmosis. The examples are many, Uncle Leo
and Uncle Pius' award winning stools, My Dad and his brothers now famous
"Swiss Midget" routine, many years of Ripon Swiss Club Masquerade
hijinx:(Coo Coo Clock, Train, Space Ship etc.) Cousin Davids success on the
Big Stage, Mike Chiavetta's left wing liberal Democrat ideas (He can't be
serious, that has to be a comedy routine), Ben's abstract look at the world
(a kid after my own heart), Cousin Geoff's Scheuber News creation, and many
many more comedic and creative contirbuitons by Scheubers too numerous to
mention here. Last year my attempt at abstract Scheuber humor (the
Swissriegel vs. Uncle Beel's home- spun yarns blog-a-feud ) played to mixed
reiviews. So this year instead of frightening everyone I will tell a true
story about Grandpa Scheuber that is appropriate for the Giving Season.


Being the oldest of the third generation Scheubers. I was the first of many
to spend a weekend overnight at "The Ranch" with Grandma and Grandpa. Of
course there were many adventures and firsts for a youngster from the city.
Hunting jackrabbits (with bow and arrow no less), milking cows and the
ceremonial squirt in the face, retrieving eggs and honey (my first bee
sting) amazing what mud and chickensh#t will do for a bee sting. But one day
I remember quite clearly coming back from Jumbo Market on Crows Lnding Road
with Grandma and Grandpa shopping for groceries and after Grandpa parked the
old Ford Falcon in the garage next to the tractor and the old red Ford
pickup, he left the keys in the ignition of the Falcon. In fact the keys
were in the ignition of the tractor and the pickup also. I noticed this and
I said," Grandpa, you left the keys in the igniton of the car, someone could
sneak out here at night and steal the car." I will never forget what he
said..........
He said, " thats OK, someone might need the car more than I do." He was not
hung up on material things at all and it did not bother him in the least
that some stranger could sneak out there at night and steal the car or
anything else in the garage for that matter. I think that's why I always
thought it felt just a little bit better to give than to receive during the
holiday season.


Yours Truly,
Swissriegel
(Cousin Bill)




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?