Thursday, February 28, 2008

Okay, another two cents, which makes four cents in all

I just re-read my last post. I'm not sure that my wording made my thoughts clear. What I meant was that the first and last names should not be used together. Actually, it's the last name, as Geoffrey put it, it's the "S" word  that makes it possible for people to search and come to the site. Just as a test: If you go to google.com and type in Ernie or Bill and the "S" word you will see a listing that will bring you right to the "S" International News site. You can try it with any relative name and the "S" word. If we use just first names this won't happen in the future. Unfortunately as long as old posts have first and last names it will continue.

NOTE: I just put the "S" word in google and my last entry about this whole name and search thing came up on the list. I was able to click it and get into the blog. Also it seems that google will take names out of whole paragraphs and highlight them. In other words, you can have "Bill" in one sentence and then a couple of sentences later have the "S" word, and google will find the two. So, it's not just the first and last names together, but when they appear in the same paragraph, or even the same page that makes the site accessible when someone searches a name.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?