Friday, August 01, 2008

Artist Found

Hi All,

Here's more on the post below regarding the mystery artist. After seeing DebrSno's note I sent her the note below. She also shared her story on how she got the sketches, and said it was o.k. to put here...so here it is!
Enjoy,
G.


--------------
From: debrsnow
Sent: Friday, July 25, 2008 8:04 PM
To: Geoffrey
Subject: RE: Jackpot!
Oh my gush -- Thank-you! It's hard to believe I've possibly found him. I'm new at this scan and e-mail so bear with me. Hopefully you'll be able to receive the scan to make sure these are your Uncle Bill's.
I was on vacation in Vegas with friends. Went to MGM to explore the sights, shop the mall area, stopped for drinks, guess it was "Bill"
we sit next to, we kinda greeted each other, he was leaving and kinda slid napkins toward me, I remember saying thanking you before realizing the drawing, bartender asked if I was going to keep them and I said sure...was more into simple country life then the city...Mystery man was gone...looked for him to really say "Thank-You" and that I appreciate his drawing...never found him, but haven't forgotten him...Thanks and God bless...Deb


---- Original Message ----
From: Geoffrey
To: debrsnow
Subject: RE: Jackpot!
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 08:36:06 -0700
>Hi, I saw your post this morning and am writing to let you know that
>you have found your artist! No, not me, rather my Uncle Bill. It made
>me so happy to read your note. Bill has been painting and sketching for
>as long as I can remember. He's famous for leaving his "art" at a diner
>after a meal or coffee. I'm so glad you inquired about this,
>this will absolutely make his day!

>I also chuckled about what will happen next. Be prepared for a lot of
>info and attention on our blog! We love to talk about our family.
>
>It would be interesting to learn just how your napkin made its way to
>you. Thanks for taking the time to search out your artist!
>
>Take care,
>
>Geoff



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?