Friday, March 12, 2010

VIKING CHARACTER AWARD

 Congratulations Ben for you Character Viking Award at Johansen High School!  Hope you don't mind that Grandma puts these words spoken by your science teacher on this website:

This young man embodies the best of the best, that rare combination of personal traits I've rarely seen in my 26 years as a teacher.

Ben stands out from all the other students I have in that he is so many terrific traits that I can't list them all here.  The most notable, however, are his:  active listening skills, academic excellence, sincerity, interpersonal skills, honesty and integrity: the acid test of a person is if they do the right thing when no one is looking, and he does,  resistence to negative peer pressure- one of the hardest things to do.

I thank Ben's family for raising such a great person ( can you send more our way please?) It is clear that the parents behind the scene are a critical role in a person's upbringing, and it shows in Ben,

And finally, I thank Ben for being who he is someone who is an outstanding student and person.  As I step away from the classroom for the last time on June 3, it is comforting to know we've got people like Ben coming up in the world.  We need you.  Congratulations Ben!



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?