Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Nugget and more

john ascuagas nugget hotel

We just returned from the Danish Convention in Reno.  It was held at Johnny Ascuaga's Nugget. We golfed on Thursday enjoying the welcomed sunshine. Friday night I had a lucky streak for I won $173 on the slots.  Saturday, my sis and I were walking back to our rooms and noticed this old man getting his cowboy boots polished.  My sis said she thought it was Johnny Ascuaga.  I asked him and sure enough it was him.  So friendly!  He noticed our Danish name tags and said, " You two look like Danes!"  Later in the evening John said that he had met him at the restaurant earlier and they talked about his cattle. Here I thought the old cowboy had passed on to greener pastures. 

Thanks to Kuno and Tanya for showing Jamie a good time in Switzerland.  

Glad the E. P. Scheubers had a grand time at Pismo.  ( one of our favorite places)  What fun for Karyn and Lori to revisit Cal Poly!  We often do that too when we stay at Pismo.
Marge



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?